- 1 1/2 cups almond flour or coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup mashed (ripe) bananas
- 3/4 cup pureed cooked pumpkin and/or grated raw zucchini (squeeze dry)
- 1/2 cup sweetened or unsweetened almond milk
- 3 eggs (or 2 tbsp ground flax mixed with 4 tbsp water)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
Serve with fresh fruit and coconut kefir/yogurt, chocolate hazelnut spread, almond butter, or vegan butter and natural maple syrup
- In a small bowl mix all dry ingredients well.
- In a medium bowl combine banana, pumpkin and/or zucchini, and milk.
- Whisk eggs lightly, (or if using flax, combine with water and let sit 5min) and add to wet ingredients.
- Add melted coconut oil and vanilla/sweetener last to be sure oil mixes well while melted.
- Add dry ingredients to wet stirring just until blended.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. If your pan isn’t non-stick add a touch of vegan butter to prevent sticking. Pour 1/4 cup of the pancake batter into the pan. Cook until bubbles start to form or it’s been 2 minutes. Then flip and cook for an additional minute. Remove and place onto a plate or cooling rack.
- Spread on some nut butter and drizzle over with maple syrup or plop some coconut kefir "yogurt" on top and serve with some fresh fruit.