- 1 Medium butternut squash
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Small onion, chopped (or 1/2 large onion)
- 2 Cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 Cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 Cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 Tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 Tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 1/2 Tsp black pepper (opt)
We used a dollop of coconut kefir and some chopped green onions!
1. Peel Squash, cut in half and scoop out seeds, then cube (about 1/2 inch size cubes) the entire squash.
2. In a large bowl mix squash cubes with salt and oil until evenly covered (I like to use my hands for this).
3. Spread squash cubes on a large baking sheet in a single layer and bake at 400 degrees F for 25min (or until soft when poked).
4. While squash is cooking, heat oil in a medium pan and add onion and garlic. Sauté until onions are clear, then move to a bowl (to not overcook).
5. Let squash cool about 10min before adding to a blender with ALL other ingredients. If you'd like, you can save the onions and garlic to mix in after or add into the blender with everything else. Blend until smooth.
6. Serve hot!
Shop our plant-based products made in Ontario!