These tacos are sooo crispy and flavourful.
Who knew cauliflower could be eaten in so many forms?
The coconut milk actually holds the breadcrumbs onto the cauliflower! I was shocked the first time I tried this. Works as well as eggs!
When making these, I usually have lots of cauliflower pieces leftover that break off from the slices. I like to dump them in the leftover milk, stir in the leftover breadcrumbs and fry them up! Yum. I throw these in my tacos too.
- 1 Whole Cauliflower, stem removed & cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1/2 Cup coconut milk
- 1/2 Cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 Cup coconut flour
- 1 Clove garlic, minced (or 1/2 tsp powdered)
- 1 Tsp cumin
- 1/2 Tsp pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 green cabbage, sliced very thin (or shredded)
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise (or 1 Tsp olive oil mixed with 1/4 cup vegan yogurt)
- 2 Tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tsp mustard
- 1 Tsp maple syrup (optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Combine all coleslaw ingredients and set in fridge to chill/marinate.
2. Mix breadcrumbs, coconut flour, garlic, cumin, pepper and salt well and place on a large plate or wide, shallow bowl.
3. Grease or line your baking sheet and preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
4. Pour coconut milk into a shallow, wide bowl. Put these in order on the counter: cauliflower "slices" (they will fall apart some), coconut milk bowl, breadcrumb mixture, then baking sheet.
5. Dip each piece of cauliflower into the milk, then crumbs (coat well) then place on baking sheet until the sheet is full (no piling the cauliflower).
6. Bake about 30min, flipping halfway through.
7. Serve tortillas topped with coleslaw, topped with cauliflower, topped with dressing of your choice!
Shop our plant-based products made in Ontario!